POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media problem... : Re: Media problem... Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media problem...
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 28 Oct 2001 16:49:49
Message: <3BDC7D89.282E1C53@ignorancia.org>

> overheated my CPU at 90 deg c, (the alarm went off), on line 39 of
> 480........ wait for it....... 1 hour 27 minutes later!  :o(

  Uh! If I were you, I will install as fast as posible a proper heatsink
and fan to the CPU... 90C is way too high temp for any processor, and
doing intesive CPU activity can give you a burned processor. Believe me,
I know what I'm talking about... I burned my first AMD because the
provider installed an undersized CPU fan. Now, the replacement one, with
a proper fan, never reaches 50 deg C.

  Take care!

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres